9.05.2012

How I'd Wear It: Perfect Fall Secretary Dress

080512_1

080512_2

080512_3

080512_4

080512_5

080512_6

Whatcha Wearing?
Secretary dress available here in my Etsy shop
Tights from We Love Colors
Belt from H&M
Ring from Day-Lab
AK Anne Klein boots from Beacon's Closet

I wish I could have photographed myself walking under some beautiful autumn foliage, but I'm afraid the palm trees don't change with the (lack of) seasons. That doesn't stop me from loving this dress! I worked for the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County back when I lived in Cincy, and this is the kind of outfit I could totally see myself wearing in that setting. Classic, but a bit subversive...just like any good public library!

What do you think of my new haircut? I went to the Vidal Sassoon Academy in Santa Monica yesterday intending to just get a trim, but the student suggested doing this instead. I think it's really fun! Similar to how it was before, but with a little kick. Switched it up just enough to keep me from getting bored.

I'm linking up with Thrifters Anonymous, Real Girl Style, and #YOLO Mondays.

12 comments:

  1. I have tights that color, and I'm definitely going to have to pair them with these purply/wine tones sometime soon! I'm loving it on you - and the hair is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I wear these tights with everything! There's something about teal that seems to work perfectly with so many different things (or maybe I just really like teal).

      Delete
  2. I love your hair!!
    xo sandra
    http://larasvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! I haven't done anything this geometric in a long time.

      Delete
  3. I like the blue tights with the vintage dress. Nice touch.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the unexpected pop of color it gives the outfit.

      Delete
  4. I know I'm not saying something new, but I like your haircut very much.
    Great boots you have there.

    www.zadinblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love these boots and can't wait for it to cool down enough for me to actually wear them.

      Delete
  5. The dress is adorable and I love how you styled it. Makes me so ready to break out my tights. Adding the bright blue adds a fun, unexpected mix. And the hair cut is darling too! Sometimes a change at the beginning of a new season is exactly what a gal needs!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That moment in fall when you first get to bust out the tights is the best feeling!

      Delete
  6. Your haircut is cute! Love that dress, too.

    ReplyDelete