9.04.2012

Flower Power

090412_3

090412_1

090412_4

090412_5

090412_6

Whatcha Wearing?
Vintage dress from Beacon's Closet
Vintage purse from Beyond Retro
Bracelet from Covered Wagon Antiques
Sunglasses from Brick Lane Market
Sandals from some random shop in Soho

This dress is one of the first things I bought at Beacon's Closet after moving to Brooklyn. I might not wear it as often as I do other dresses in my closet, but it's definitely one of my favorite finds. It started it's life as a maxi dress, but I just felt like that was too much of a good thing when it came to this fabric, and converted it into a mini. It's such a bright, loud, large floral pattern! I actually had a former co-worker who said she had a dress made out of this exact fabric in the 70s! That's one of the fun things about vintage. Every piece has a unique story, but sometimes you find connections to the past in the strangest places.

I'm linking up with Real Girl Glam, The Pleated Poppy, and Transatlantic Blonde.

8 comments:

  1. I am a new follower of your blog. I think that it is really cute. This is a cute little vintage dress on you..suits you well. I hope to see you stop by my blog sometime and follow back.
    Heathersthriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you were drawn to the bold print: it is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving those sandals and bag! Saying hi from Real Girl Style :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the composition of your shots with the palm trees framing you!

    ♥Transatlantic Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took these in the middle of my friend's street. I love the framing of the trees too, so I try to remember to bring my camera for outfit photos whenever we go over there!

      Delete