10.11.2012

Altered State

101112
secretary dress from an estate sale / pink dress from Buffalo Exchange
Right about now, you might be asking yourself why I'm dressed like a sister-wife. Well, these are a couple dresses that are about to go under the knife (err, scissors) to become better suited for everyday wear. I've been altering vintage clothes for myself ever since I got a sewing machine 10 years ago, but I've never documented the process before. I hope you enjoy seeing how these turn out in the end! Oh, and I tried to make these photos look especially drab so that the after photos would look even more awesome, infomercial style...

4 comments:

  1. I love that dress on the left. LOVE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to put it in my shop, but I messed up while replacing the dead elastic in the waist. I guess I have to keep it now!

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to see what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished alterations on the dress on the left and the results will be up on the blog on Tuesday!

      Delete