9.07.2011

You Are What You Eat: Paratha



I love to bake. While I used to only bake sweet stuff, Mark Bittman's book How to Cook Everything Vegetarian opened my eyes to the wide world of bread. It's so easy and tastes so much better than the crap you buy at the grocery. Baking your own bread even tastes better than the good bread you can buy at the grocery, I swear...and it's not that hard! For example, this paratha only has 4 ingredients: whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt, and butter. Oh, and some water, so I guess that's actually 5 ingredients. Either way, you probably already have all of these things in your kitchen. The results? Amazing flaky bread to go with the potato/cauliflower/pea curry that Matt concocted. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm this looks delicious! really cool blog!

    please check out mine and we could follow each other :)

    angelasquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete