9.30.2011

All Summer in a Day





Outfit Details:
Dress from Buffalo Exchange
Isabel Toledo for Payless shoes
Vintage scarf from Beacon's Closet
Vintage sunglasses & ring from Day-Lab

Have you ever read Ray Bradbury's short story All Summer in a Day? If you haven't, you should. I think it was one of the most emotionally disturbing things I ever read as a child. Our house was always full of books, many of them handed down from family friends with kids around my age or a bit older. For some reason, there were a few text books scattered among the collection. One of them was an English book that contained this story. I vividly remember reading it for the first time in the basement. I cried. Yes, it was that traumatic. I didn't do much better with the repeated readings year after year. Piqued your interest? Now you want to read it too? I was able to find it online, but (fair warning) it's in comic sans. If you're like me, comic sans makes you want to puke. Please try to look beyond this and read the story. It's quite short, so your comic sans pain will be minimal. It's the emotional distress of the story that will stick with you...

3 comments: