7.16.2012

Domingo en Los Angeles




Whatcha Wearing?
Vintage Dress from St Vincent de Paul
Vintage tie (actually a belt from another dress)
Socks c/o We Love Colors (color: scarlet red)
Altama Army boots from Goodwill
Jelly bracelets that I've had forever

We finally made it to LA two weeks ago after spending a week in Cincinnati buying a car and visiting family and friends. It's starting to feel a bit more like home now that we're settling into our new apartment. We signed the lease a week ago and just about all the boxes are unpacked at this point.
I wore this outfit to dinner last night with some friends. We went to this great Mexican place that makes lethal margaritas that involve a large amount of tequila and Grand Marnier. You have to be careful with those!
This is the type of dress that I call a 'teacher dress'. You know, the kind of comfortable thing that your third grade teacher wore and that can now be found in abundance at thrift stores. I've found that all it takes is a quick slice and hem to update the look. No more frumpy 'teacher dress'! Also, I can safely say I never had a teacher who wore combat boots either...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys made it safely to LA :) Combat boots go well with everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Oh, and I started following your blog on Bloglovin' :)

      Delete