9.11.2013

Sole Provisions

091113_2

091113_1

091113_5

091113_6

091113_4
Whatcha Wearing?
Shoes c/o Sole Provisions / Tank top from American Apparel
Vintage skirt and Banana Republic vest from Goodwill
Sunglasses from H&M / Vintage hat from Atlantis Attic

Those who know me know that I'm not one to put fashion in front of comfort when it comes to shoes. Moving to NYC will do that to a girl. When you spend a lot of time walking around a city, you want to look good and not get blisters at the same time. Although I live in LA now, land of driving that it is, I still make sure that each pair of shoes I wear are easy to walk in. Don't get me wrong, they have to look great too, but I don't want to be that person hobbling around because her shoes are ridiculous. So when Sole Provisions contacted me to do a review, I jumped at the chance. I was in the market for some cute slip ons and I found exactly what I was looking for in these Vionic by Orthaheel sneakers. Plus they came in mustard which is one of my favorite accent colors for an outfit!

I have to be honest, I was excited when these shoes arrived, but when I put them on it felt like I was standing on tennis balls. These things don't mess around when it comes to arch support! This made me a bit worried that they wouldn't be comfortable to walk around in. I read the tag, and it suggested wearing them for a few hours at a time before committing to a full day of wear so that your foot can adjust to the "biomechanical orthotic". I guess those of us who aren't used to lots of arch support need some time to get acclimated to that feeling. I've worn them twice now, for a few hours each time, and I have to say that my feet are adjusting and I think they're going to be very comfortable in the long run. Plus they're going to look great with jeans come fall!

I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Real Girl Glam.

No comments:

Post a Comment