12.04.2012

Joshua Tree

Two weeks ago, when our friends Janice and Andy were in town visiting, we took a day trip out to Joshua Tree National Park. This has been on my list of places to go since we moved to California and it didn't disappoint!

120412_1
That's the San Andreas Fault in the background.
120412_2
Am I taller than this tree? Not quite...
120412_3
Hiking up to an old mine in the hills.
120412_4
Andy contemplates the burned vegetation.
120412_5
Matt found some "gold"! Here he is giving it the old bite test.
120412_6
Playing with some old machinery at the abandoned mine.
I'd recommend a visit there if you're ever out west! It's so amazingly beautiful! I can't wait to head out there again sometime for more exploring...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't Joshua Tree crazy?! It's like a whole different world! I couldn't believe I was still in California when I went there!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete